How can I keep my Skrill account operational?
To avoid account limitations, please keep in mind the following:
- register and use only one account that belongs to you only, unless you’re otherwise instructed by our customer support;
- register and use only your own personal payment instruments (credit/debit card, bank account, mobile wallet etc.);
- avoid logging into your Skrill account from open Wi-Fi networks and never use proxies, VPN, or similar IP masking services. It’s best to use the fixed IP address assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider.
- if you withdraw money from a merchant system to your Skrill account, make sure to follow the on-screen instructions – don’t try to transfer the amount directly to your bank account, unless such an option is available;
- if you haven’t verified your account yet, check your limits from Settings > Verification regularly in the Skrill mobile app and make sure to verify before you reach your limits;
- use your personal account for personal purposes only. If you wish to use Skrill for business purposes, please check this article;
- keep your Skrill account safe – don’t share your credentials or other sensitive data with anyone;
- use the latest version of our mobile app.
Please also make sure to read our Terms & Conditions, which specify allowed and prohibited transactions and behaviour. Failure to follow these may result in account limitations.
If your account has already been restricted, please read the related article below for more information. Usually, you should also see instructions within your account. If you've submitted any documents, our dedicated department will review them as quickly as possible and we'll contact you in case we need any further details.
Reactivating a restricted account may take anywhere between a couple of hours up to a few days or weeks - the timeframe depends on your willingness to cooperate, as well as on the reason behind the restriction.