How do I withdraw money to a crypto wallet?
Withdrawal to Crypto wallet is available in selected countries only. To see if this feature is available for you, visit the Withdraw section in your account.
You can send money from your available Skrill Fiat balance to an external Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Tether (USDT) or USD Coin (USDC) crypto wallet.
To make a crypto withdrawal:
- Visit the Withdraw section in your Skrill account and select Crypto Wallet.
- Select the cryptocurrency you’d like to withdraw to, your fiat balance you wish to withdraw from, enter the send amount, and crypto address.
- Review the transaction Summary and Confirm.
- You may be asked to confirm the transaction with your six-digit account PIN.
- You can only withdraw fiat balance (EUR, USD, etc.) to an external crypto wallet. If you want to withdraw your crypto balance, first sell it for fiat via our crypto trade page.
- We currently support Bitcoin (BTC) withdrawals to Native SegWit (bech32) addresses (starting with ‘bc1’), Nested SegWit addresses (starting with ‘3’) and 'Legacy' BTC addresses (starting with ‘1’), as well as Ethereum (ETH), Tether (USDT) and USD Coin (USDC) withdrawals over the ETH (ERC-20) network.
- Blockchain transactions cannot be reversed. Ensure you enter a valid crypto address when executing the withdrawal.
- Your account should be fully verified to perform a crypto withdrawal.
For customers with registration country Italy: From 15 July 2022, to perform crypto transactions, you are required to verify your Skrill account (if you haven’t done so already) and fill out a personal information form accessible from the Crypto section in your account. If you are an Italian citizen, you would also have to provide your Tax ID.
What are the fees?
All applicable fees will be displayed via the transaction summary screen. A network fee may also be applied, which is beyond our control. It is paid to crypto miners and validators for verifying transactions on the blockchain and keeping the network secure. This fee is deducted from the total amount of your withdrawal so you may receive a lesser amount than expected.
My balance isn’t available for sending money to a crypto wallet. What should I do?
Money deposited with Bank Transfer or Mastercard can’t be withdrawn to a crypto wallet.
How long does it take to receive the transfer?
Blockchain transactions usually take between 5 and 60 minutes to appear in the recipient crypto wallet.
In rare cases, your transaction may remain pending for up to 24 hours. If the withdrawal fails, we will notify you onscreen, or send an e-mail notification once the transaction status is updated.
Cryptocurrencies are complex, unregulated, without consumer or financial protections. Capital Gains Tax or other taxes may apply. Prices are volatile; only risk what you can afford to lose.