How do I use my credit/debit card with Skrill?
A credit/ debit card deposit allows you to instantly add money to your Skrill account. Check the acceptable card types for your country of residence on our Fees page.
To complete a credit/ debit card deposit, follow the steps below:
- From the Deposit section of your account select Credit or debit card.
- To add a card, enter your card’s details (card number, expiry date, CVV code). If you already have a list with added cards, select one from the list, enter its CVV code and use it directly.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit, and select the currency if you want the money to be added to one of your secondary balances. If you want to use the funds for gambling, select “Yes”.
- Review and confirm your deposit.
*Click to enlarge image
The video is shown for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
To ensure your deposit is successful, please:
- Make sure your Internet connection is stable.
- Enable your browser pop-ups.
- Make sure you enter the correct 3DS code, sent to you by the card issuer.
How long does a credit/debit card deposit take?
This is a quick deposit option. Funds will reflect into your Skrill account right away. However, sometimes due to technical/ communication issues, it could take up to 20 min.
What are the limits and the fees?
Check your limits within the Deposit section of your account, under the selected deposit option in accordance with your account status and deposit tries.
You may need to verify your card** to increase its deposit limits.
The deposit fees are displayed on our Fees page or within the Deposit section of your account.
My card deposit has failed. What should I do?
There are several reasons why a card deposit may fail. In some cases, the card issuer may decline a transaction because it fails their security measures. Get acquainted with the security codes/ tokens used by your card issuer (e.g. 3D Security code), and make sure you are entering the correct code.
In rare cases, the transactions might fail due to a processing error on our side, and Skrill will not debit your funds but your bank may reserve them. You will need to contact your bank to release the funds. Card deposits may fail due to insufficient balance, blocked bank account, or card not being verified.
**This feature is currently not available on the mobile app. Instead, log in to your account from a web browser.