How do I use my credit/debit card with Skrill?
To deposit with your credit/debit card in your Skrill account follow the steps bellow:
- From the Deposit section of your Skrill account choose the card you want to use, enter the CVV code (card security code) and click on Next. If it is your first time uploading funds, you will need to Add a card by providing your card number, expiry date, and security code. Onscreen you will see the card types you can use but gift and voucher cards are not acceptable.
- Enter the amount you want to upload. You will be asked to select whether the money will be available for payments on gambling sites. In case you use a Visa card, note that you will not be able to use the funds for gambling transactions. The purpose of use cannot be changed once the deposit is completed. I.e. if you change your mind afterward, you won’t be able to send the funds to a different merchant.
- A page with the summary of your deposit will appear on the screen. To complete the transaction, click on Confirm.
You can have up to 5 active cards linked to your Skrill account.
To ensure your deposit will be successful, please:
- Make sure your Internet connection is stable.
- Enable your browser pop-ups.
- Make sure you enter the correct 3DS code, sent to you by the card issuer.
How long does a credit/debit card deposit take?
This is a quick deposit option. Funds will reflect into your Skrill account right away. However, sometimes due to technical/ communication issues, it could take up to 20 min.
What are the limits and the fees?
The best place to check the allowable limits and fees for any upload option is the Deposit section of your account or visit our Fees Page and learn more about the charges. To increase your card deposit limits, you will have toverify your card (available on web only) The option will appear after your first successful deposit.
My card deposit has failed. What should I do?
There are several reasons why a card deposit may fail. In some cases, the card issuer may decline a transaction because it fails their security measures. Get acquainted with the security codes/ tokens used by your card issuer (e.g. 3D Security code), and make sure you are entering the correct code.
In rare cases, the transactions might fail due to a processing error on our side, and Skrill will not debit your funds, but your bank may reserve them. You will need to contact your bank to release the funds.Card deposits may fail due to insufficient balance, blocked bank account, or card not being verified.