Skrill Refer a Friend
Skrill Refer a Friend Terms and Conditions
[Version 2 – January 2018]
The Skrill Refer a Friend Programme (“RaF Programme”) allows you to receive a commission from Skrill for referring perspective new Members to sign up for a Skrill Account.
Below are the terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”), applicable to the RaF Programme. Please read them carefully. By referring a friend to the RaF Programme, you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. Eligibility Criteria
1.1. In order to participate in the RaF Programme, you must:
- have an active Skrill Account;
- not use your Skrill Account for commercial purposes.
- not be an employee or an immediate family member of an employee of any company in the Paysafe group.
- not be a service provider or a direct family member of a service provider of any company in the Paysafe group.
- be at least 18 years of age.
- not reside in US.
2. Referred Members:
2.1. For the purposes of the RaF Programme, a “Referred Member” means any Member:
- you refer to Skrill using the referral link shown in your Skrill Account (the “Referral Link”); and
- who successfully completes an Eligible Transaction.
2.2. You shall not refer any of your family members, including but not limited to, your spouse, common law partner, civil partner, child, step child, parent, parents-in-law or grandparent.
3. Prohibited activities
3.1. You shall not, and shall ensure that Referred Members do not perform any of the following activities:
- Create or operate multiple Member Accounts without the prior written consent of Skrill.
- Make, in the reasonable discretion of Skrill, fake and/or artificial deposits with Skrill merchants or other Members for the sole purpose of generating Commission.
- Register a Member Account on behalf of another person.
- Allow any third-parties to publish your Referral Link on their websites, social media or other marketing materials.
- Offer incentives or rewards to perspective Members to encourage them to apply for a Skrill Account.
- Create or employ any mechanism designed to artificially or automatically generate Skrill Account sign-ups.
- Register a Skrill Account using counterfeit, forged, imitated, stolen or otherwise altered identification documents.
- artificially attempted to generate any Referred Members by use of deception or misrepresentation;
- commit, or collude with others to commit, fraudulent activity;
- make transactions that have no commercial purpose or are not for the
personal benefit of the Skrill Account holder.
4.1. In consideration for each Referred Member you introduce, as confirmed by Skrill in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, Skrill will pay you a commission equal to 10% of the revenue earned by Skrill on Eligible Transactions (the “Commission”).
4.2. Skrill will stop paying commission in respect of each Referred Member at the earlier of: (a) when the Commission payments in respect of that Referred Member reach 100 Euro; or (b) 1 year after the Referred Member registers for a Skrill Account.
4.3. Commission is paid inclusive of VAT. Skrill shall not be responsible for any taxes, duties, assessments, fines or levies or other amounts payable by you to any governmental or regulatory authority arising out of your participation in the RaF Programme. You are responsible for reporting any taxes owed in relation to revenues earned through the Programme.
4.4. Skrill reserves the right to change the applicable commission rate, percentage or total cap by giving you two (2) months' written notice sent to the primary email address registered to your Skrill Account.
4.5. For the avoidance of doubt, transactions on your own Skrill Account will be excluded from the calculation of Commission.
4.6. Commission accrued on an Eligible Transaction will be paid within thirty (30) business days following the date the Eligible Transaction was completed.
4.7. Skrill shall also in its sole discretion have the right to withhold the whole or part of any payment of Commission where it reasonably suspects or knows that any of the prohibited activities referred to in section 3 above has taken place.
4.8. For the purpose of calculating Commission, Skrill reserve the right to disregard all Eligible Transactions that we, in our sole but reasonable discretion, deem an abuse of the RaF Programme, including but not limited to:
- Transactions that are prohibited under section 3 of these Terms and Conditions; or
You warrant represents and undertakes to Skrill that:
- you shall not, engage in the distribution of any bulk emails (spam) in any way mentioning or referencing Skrill, other Paysafe Group companies or any Skrill products or services.
- you shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- you shall not breach or attempt to circumvent Skrill’s security or verification procedures.
- you shall only share your Referral Link with third-parties so that they may sign up for a Skrill Account
6. Privacy and personal data
Processing of personal data is governed by the Paysafe Privacy Notice which can be found on Skrill’s website. Additional information may be required by Skrill to verify compliance with these Promotion Terms & Conditions.
7. Changes to Terms and Conditions
7.1 Skrill reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time including the right to withdraw the RaF Programme completely.
7.3 The 2 months’ notice period shall not apply where we believe, in our reasonable opinion, that the change neither reduces your rights nor increases your obligations. In such instances, the change will become effective immediately without prior notice.
8.1. Skrill reserves the right to end the RaF Programme at any time in its sole discretion by giving you 2 months' written notice sent to the primary email address registered to your Skrill Account.
8.2. In the event Skrill ends the promotion under section 8.1 of these Terms and Conditions, Skrill shall continue paying Commission in respect of your existing Referred Members until our liability to pay Commission has expired in accordance with section 4.2 of these Terms and Conditions.
8.3. Skrill may immediately terminate your participation in the RaF Programme in the following circumstances:
- you commit a material breach of these Terms and Conditions or the Skrill Account Terms
- Skrill in its sole but reasonable discretion believes you or one of your Referred Members has conducted a prohibited activity as set out in section 3 of these Terms and Conditions.
- We are made aware of any claim by a merchant/operator or another Member that you are transferring money to and from their site without bona fide activity on that site.
8.4. If Skrill terminates your participation in the RaF Programme under section 8.3 of the Terms and Conditions, Skrill shall stop paying Commission to you immediately upon termination.
9. Dispute Process/Limitation of Liability/Indemnification
You have thirty (30) days from the date of each Commission payment ("Claim Period”) to challenge the amount or calculation of the Commission paid (“Claims"). Where notice is provided in the Claim Period, Skrill shall use reasonable commercial efforts to investigate and resolve any errors or discrepancies and pay any outstanding Commission to you. If you fail to provide notice to Skrill of a Claim within the Claim Period, you shall be deemed to approve the Commission. After the Claim Period, Skrill shall be under no obligation to investigate any Claims and, to the extent permitted by law, you hereby release and discharge Skrill from any and all liability with respect to paying any unpaid Commission that may otherwise have been payable to you (“Released Claims”).
10.1. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute under these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in connection with your Skrill Account shall be brought exclusively in the courts of England and Wales except where prohibited by EU law.
10.2. If there is any discrepancy between any translated version and the original English version of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
10.3. The RaF Programme shall not be construed to create any employment relationship, agency relationship or partnership between you and Skrill or any Paysafe group company. You shall have no authority to bind Skrill or enter into any agreement on its behalf and nor shall you be considered to be an agent of Skrill or any Skrill group company in any respect.
10.4. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of a competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable then such part shall be severed from the remainder of the Terms and Conditions, which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11.1. “Commission” has the meaning set forth in section 4.1;
11.2. “Eligible Transactions” are successful send money transactions made from your Referred Members Skrill Accounts (“Eligible Transaction”). Please note the following transactions are not Eligible Transactions:
- Transactions made using the your Skrill Prepaid Mastercard®.
- uploads to, and withdrawals from, the Referred Members Skrill Account;
- Transactions between Skrill Accounts and NETELLER Member Accounts held by the same account holder;
11.3. “Member” means the registered holder of a Skrill Account;
11.4. “Referred Member(s)” has the meaning set out in section 2;