How can I fund my Skrill Money Transfer with Manual Bank Transfer?
If available, manual bank transfer will appear as a funding option under the Pay withdrop-down menu. You can use it to fund your Skrill Money Transfer if your sending currency is Euro (EUR) or British Pound.
How do I instruct the payment?
- As a first step you need to select transfer currency, amount, and recipient country. During this stage, we will also display applicable limits and fees, if any which can be found on our fees page.
- Once you click Continue, we will collect information on the source of funds. We might also ask you to enter your ID type and ID number but, we will only do this once.
- If this is the first time you are sending to this recipient, you will be asked to enter their beneficiary details and purpose of remittance. You will be presented with a Transfer Summary page.
How do I send the manual bank transfer to Skrill?
- Once you confirm the transfer, we will present you with our bank details, exact amount you need to transfer, unique reference and instructions on how to complete the payment.
- Use your online banking or mobile banking app to send a bank transfer to our bank account.
- Don't forget to include your unique reference as this will help us locate your payment and will speed up the delivery of your transfer to the recipient.
- If you forget the bank details, simply go to the My Transfers tab, and click on your transfer to view our bank details, exact amount, and unique reference.
*Your bank might request you to confirm the validity of our recipient bank details via a warning message. Simply ensure you have carefully copied our transfer details as presented on-screen via the ‘’My Transfers’’ page and carry on with your transfer.
To successfully instruct your bank payment and avoid delays, you must:
- Use a personal bank account registered under your names. Third-party deposits are not accepted.
- Insert your unique reference number in the reference field of your banking.
- Send the bank payment in a timely manner (preferably within 3 hours after instructing your transfer)
Do I need to verify my identity?
If you still haven`t, we might request you to verify your identity and, or address. This is a regulatory requirement put in place for fraud prevention purposes. You will be notified of the verification requirements, if any, after the payment confirmation screen. You will have 4 days to verify your account before the transfer is cancelled. If you have transferred funds already, but failed verification afterwards, we will refund your transfer.
How long does it take for the beneficiary to receive my transfer?
We will usually process your money transfer on the next business day upon receipt of your bank payment. Although your Money Transfer can remain with status ‘’Awaiting Payment’’ for up to 5 days, we encourage you to send us the bank payment as soon as you instruct the transfer to avoid any delays.
Can I cancel my transfer?
Once executed you won`t be able to cancel the transfer yourself. If we do not receive your bank payment on time (within 5 days) your money transfer will be automatically cancelled. Any bank payments received with delay will be refunded to their original source. Once refunded, it may take 2-5 business days for the funds to reflect in your bank account.
You can always follow the progress of your Money Transfer via the ‘’My transfers’’ page.