How do I pay online with Skrill?
Skrill makes paying online on thousands of sites easy. There are two main ways to send money to a merchant website using Skrill:
- using your Skrill account balance
- using one of the available funding options of your Skrill account
Take a look at our video below for a quick summary of how to use Skrill online:
The video is shown for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
Note: Funds deposited with certain types of credit/debit cards have some restrictions imposed on them. Check out the related article on credit/debit card deposits at the bottom of the page to find out more.
To pay online with Skrill, follow these steps:
- Visit the merchant site to which you want to transfer your money and select the Deposit or Buy in option (it may also be referred to as Real Money, Buy Chips, Cashier, or something similar).
- Select the Skrill payment option and log in to your Skrill account.
- If you have sufficient balance to cover the payment, you can choose to pay from your Skrill account balance. If not, select another payment option from the ones available to you and complete the payment by providing the requested details.
- To finalize your payment, click Pay Now.
Due to regulations, we will ask you to confirm you are the owner of the Skrill account by sending you a 6-digit verification code to your mobile phone number, or via a 6-digit code sent to your e-mail address, whereby you will be asked to also confirm your Skrill PIN.
Tip: You can mark the merchant as trusted by selecting Trust this recipient for future payments to avoid this process in the future.
Some merchants may require additional verification to fund your account with them: video verification, also known as live selfie. When this is required, you'll be able to start the process from section Settings > Verification. Check out the related article at the bottom of the page to find out more.
For transactions involving currency conversion Skrill adds a fee to our wholesale exchange rates.
I have transferred money to a website, but they have not received it. What should I do?
Transfers from your Skrill account to merchant websites are instant. It is very rare, but once in a while a merchant might not be able to locate the money you have transferred to them due to a communication error.
If this happens, contact us by clicking on the available contact channel below. We will locate your transaction and provide you with the merchant’s receive money transaction ID. You would then need to contact the merchant and provide them with this reference, which they can use to locate your funds in their system and credit them to you.