Why get a digital wallet?
Today, millions of people around the world use an ewallet for financial transactions online.
With a simple mobile app, you have a new way to make payments anytime, anywhere. You can send and receive money, pay utility bills or top up your travel card in just a few taps.
With the Skrill app, you can even earn loyalty points on your purchases and redeem them for credit in your account.
If you want to learn more, read ‘The 5 benefits of using a virtual wallet’.
Virtual wallets are also a secure payment method. They use the latest technology, such as biometric data analysis, to verify your identity. In addition, your transactions are encrypted to add another layer of protection.
From your digital wallet app, you can track what purchases you made, how much you spent, and in which shops and dates, making it easier to keep track of your finances.
How to create your Skrill account
There are many digital wallets out there, including Skrill. First established in 2001 and available in most countries around the world, the Skrill wallet offers everything you need to pay quickly and easily.
Here’s how to download the Skrill app and start using your account step by step.
1. Once on the Skrill website, click on the “Register” button on the top right corner of the page.
2. Fill in your details by entering your name, email address, country of residence and currency. Also create a password, ensuring it’s complex for extra security.
3. Verify your email address: Skrill will send a verification email to your registered email address. Click on the verification to verify your email address.
4. Log in to your Skrill account: You now have a Skrill account and can log in using your email address and password.
5. From the dashboard, select the main reason you will be using Skrill and select the ‘Get Started’ button to continue.
6. Enter your personal information: Fill in details such as your address, city, postal code, date of birth, and telephone number.
7. Verify your telephone number: Skrill will send a verification code to your telephone number that you need to enter.
8. Create a PIN: This will add an extra layer of security to your account.
9. Add funds to your wallet: To use your digital wallet, you will need to add funds to it. Click on a payment option to add funds to your wallet.
10. Start using your digital wallet: Once you’ve added funds to your account, you can use it to make payments, send money to other Skrill users, and withdraw funds.
How to verify your Skrill account
By verifying your account, you will have the benefit of accessing higher transfer limits and smoother
transactions. Verify your account in three easy steps:
1. Click on the “Verify Account” link.
2. Verify your identity: take a photo of your identification document or scan and upload it.
3. Verify your address: Skrill can use your location to verify this if you choose this option or you can upload proof of your address.
Top tip: Verifying your account is easier with the Skrill app, as you can simply take a selfie and scan your documents from within the app.
With your new Skrill account, you will be able to carry out your financial transactions conveniently and securely in just a few clicks, wherever you are.
To reinforce the security of your account, we recommend you choose a strong password, enable two-factor authentication and regularly monitor your transactions via the mobile app.
So, what are you waiting for? Download the Skrill app right now and start enjoying what it has to offer.