How can I update and verify my phone number?
To add, update or verify your phone number (available only via a web browser), follow the steps below:
1. Log into your Skrill account via a web browser
2. Go to Settings > Personal details > Phone number
3. You’ll see the options to Add, Verify and/or Edit your mobile number. Registering and verifying your number is crucial so that you can use our additional security layers.
Once you type in your new number (including the country code), we'll send you a 6-digit verification code via SMS to your current number to confirm you're the account holder. Note that the code is valid for 15 minutes only. We'll then send a new verification code to your new number.
In case you don't receive the code, click 'Send new code' and wait for a few minutes. If you still don't receive it, check whether you have network reception and whether your mobile operator allows you to receive SMS.
I don’t have access to my old phone number. What should I do?
There are two ways to resolve this:
- If you previously had enabled the Email and PIN authentication method, we’ll send you the verification code to your registered email address. Simply select ‘Email me a verification code at [email@example.com]’ after typing your new number.
- If you haven’t enabled this authentication method, log into your account via web browser, go to section Settings > Security > Authentication methods, click Manage and set up Email and PIN. Then simply follow the steps from above.
I get an error message that my phone number is already in use. What should I do?
If you see such an error, this would usually mean that you already have an account with Skrill. You would be able to use multiple accounts only if you have already reached the Silver VIP level or above. In this case, contact the VIP customer support to assist you further.
If you’re not yet a VIP, you should continue using your first account, where your phone number* is registered. In case you don’t remember your credentials, send us an email and include the respective number.
If for any reason you can't use your first account, get in touch with us from the Contact section, which in the mobile app is under Profile. Note that we may ask you to provide a copy of your recent mobile phone bill to confirm the number belongs to you.
The same procedures apply if your email address is already registered with Skrill.