How can I add my Skrill Prepaid Mastercard® to a mobile wallet?
The Skrill Prepaid Mastercard® is available only to residents of authorized European Economic Area (EEA) countries and the UK
Adding your prepaid card to a mobile wallet is available in specific countries part of the European Economic Area (EEA) and the UK.
How do I add my Skrill card to my payment device?
Option 1: From the Skrill mobile app
You can quickly and easily link your Skrill card to Google Pay or Apple Pay directly from your Skrill account without any additional authentication required. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Card section when logged in from the Skrill mobile app.
- Press the button Add to Google Pay/ Apple Pay.
- Follow the instructions on screen and accept the wallet’s terms and conditions.
Option 2: From the mobile wallet app
If you choose this option, before you proceed, please ensure that the mobile phone number registered in your Skrill account is up to date, verified and matches the one you’ve registered in your mobile wallet account.
- Open the mobile wallet app and select to add a new payment card.
- You will be asked to scan/enter your card details and add some personal information. Find further instructions on the mobile wallet provider`s official website.
- You may be asked to verify your card enrollment via a one-time passcode sent via SMS or e-mail. Once you receive the passcode, enter it on the mobile wallet app to confirm your card registration.
I failed to add my Skrill card to my payment device. What should I do?
If you receive a message confirming the failure of adding your card, please contact us for further assistance. Our contact channels are listed at the bottom of this article.
How do I pay with my mobile payment device?
For online purchases, mobile payments are possible wherever you see the Google Pay or Apple Pay logo. For in-store purchases, look for this contactless payment symbol and tap or hold your device near the payment terminal.
Where can I see my payment history?
Mobile payments will appear under your regular Skrill card transaction history in your Skrill account.
How are mobile payments with the Skrill card protected?
- Payments from your device using a mobile wallet require additional authentication (Biometric authentication such as Face ID/Touch ID, or Phone PIN/Passcode).
Note: Depending on your device and mobile wallet app settings, low amount purchases may be executed without additional authentication. These limits vary depending on local country regulations. High-value purchases will require authentication. Learn more by visiting the respective website of your mobile payment app.
- ATM withdrawals require authentication via PIN, therefore the virtual Skrill card cannot be used for such transactions. You can make an ATM withdrawal via a mobile wallet only if you’ve linked the details of your physical Skrill card to it.
Even if the physical Skrill card you’ve ordered is still in transit, you can start using right away its digital copy for mobile wallet and online payments. All you need to do is link the digital copy of the card’s details (expiry date, CVV, card number) to your mobile wallet. You can access those details via the ‘View card details’ option in the Skrill card section of your account.
Rest assured that the physical copy of your Skrill card cannot be used for any contactless POS or ATM transactions until a first payment via Chip and the 4-digit PIN you’ve set up upon application is made.
A digital copy of the card’s details becomes available in the account instantly after making a new application for a Skrill Physical Card only for orders placed after 30th November 2022 for Bulgaria and 7th December for other authorized EEA countries and the UK. The feature is not available for replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged card and automated card renewal.
What should I do if I lose my device?
If your device is lost or stolen, you can immediately lock your Skrill card and temporarily stop all transactions via the Skrill card section in your account.
What are the fees and limits?
Your mobile wallet payments hold the same limits and fees as executing a regular Skrill card purchase. You can track your card limits in-account by visiting the Skrill card section.
To learn more about our Skrill card fees, visit this page.