How do I deposit with EFT (Direct Bank Transfer) in Canada?
The Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) deposit option allows you to deposit funds to your Skrill account using your online banking. Take a moment to verify your Skrill account before you use EFT.
How do I link my bank account?
To initiate an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) deposit, you will need to first link your bank account. Follow the simple steps below:
- From the Deposit section of your Skrill account select Direct Bank Transfer.
- Click on Add bank account. Get familiar with the legal disclaimer and click on Get it.
- Select the logo of your bank or type its name in the search bar. Use a checking, not a savings bank account.
- You will be redirected to your online banking. Log in using your credentials, and secure token (if required by your bank).
- Your bank account information gets verified automatically upon successful login. Read and accept the Preauthorized debits agreement (PAD).
You can also link a bank account to which you have previously withdrawn funds. After clicking on the said bank account, the system will prompt you to link and verify it.
How do I initiate a deposit?
After selecting Direct Bank Transfer, and a verified bank account, you will need to enter the deposit amount. Onscreen you will see the minimum and maximum transaction limits. Make sure you have enough funds in your bank account. You will also be presented with the balance restrictions for this deposit method if any. Review and confirm the payment.
How long does an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) deposit take?
The funds will be credited to your Skrill account within up to 5 business days.
What are the limits and the fees?
The best place to check the limits and fees for any deposit option is the Deposit section of your account. Alternatively, to get acquainted with all charges related to your account, visit our dedicated Fees page. VIP customers take advantage of increased limits.
If you have reached your deposit limit, you could use an alternative option from the Deposit section of your Skrill account or wait several days before trying again.
I couldn’t link my bank account. What’s the reason?
- The name on your bank account does not match the name on your Skrill account.
- The bank account is not in your name.
- Your bank account has been closed/ is inactive. Add another bank account.
- We cannot connect to your bank at this point. Try again later.
- You have declined the Preauthorized debits agreement (PAD)
Why can’t I initiate a deposit?
The usual reasons are as follows:
- Your bank account isn’t verified
- Your bank account can’t be used for deposit, e.g. if it is a savings account
- You don’t have enough balance available in your bank account
I can’t find my bank account. What should I do?
If you don’t find your bank account on the list, it means that unfortunately you will not be able to use this particular deposit option, as currently we do not offer manual/ alternative verification. Choose another method to fund your account or open a bank account in one of the supported banks.
My deposit is missing. What should I do?
We aim to process the EFT deposits within 5 business days, In case you haven’t received your deposit in the stated timeframe, please contact us.