How to do basic troubleshooting?
The Skrill website is compatible with PC and Mac, and works on most popular web browsers, e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome.
Sometimes, however, you may need to troubleshoot your browser in order to sign in to your Skrill account, complete a transaction or upload a document. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Switch to incognito mode (using a private browser) (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari) and if the issue persists, clear browsing cache, cookies and history (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari).
- Turn on pop-ups in your browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari)
- Try the same action from a different browser or device.
- Turn off any ad-blocking plugins or extensions (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari)
- Check if you're using any external software such as VPN or proxy (some browsers, such as Opera, have integrated VPN). Using such services is not allowed within Skrill, so make sure to turn them off.
- Make sure your internet connection is stable (you can open other websites or videos without noticeable delay) and if not - reset your internet connection (modem restart or unplugging your internet cable and plugging it back again). Call your internet provider if your internet connection is not fixed after restart.
- Switch to a mobile browser or to our mobile app; especially when verifying your account, you can make use of your mobile device's camera to ensure higher image quality.
If these don’t fix your issue, we will investigate for a potential bug on our website. To help us solve this quickly, send us screenshots and a detailed description of the nature of the issue.