How do I verify my account?
Why do I need to verify my account?
U.S. federal and state laws require that we collect certain information from our customers, prior to them being able to transact. That's why, to get your money moving, we would need to verify your account first. Verification increases your transaction limits and gives you access to the full Skrill experience and account functionality.
Due to IRS requirements, we must also confirm your tax details and keep them up to date. To be compliant with U.S. tax laws and provide our services to you, you will be asked to confirm your personal data, including your Social Security Number, as part of our verification process.
How does verification work?
We'll prompt you to start the verification process as soon as you register via a banner you'll see within your account.
First, we'll attempt to verify your identity instantly by asking you to confirm some of your personal details: names, date of birth, full address, ZIP code, SSN and current occupation.
Make sure that the information you share matches the information on your Skrill account. This will help you finish the verification process within just a few minutes.
In case some of the data doesn't match, we'll ask you a series of questions to try and verify your details automatically.
If you're experiencing difficulties with the process, you'll be prompted to provide identity and address verification documents. This two-step process would only take a few minutes!
Note: We'll do our best to quickly review and accept your documents, regardless of the language they're in.
To verify your identity, you will be able to select one of the following options:
- Provide a U.S. Passport & take a picture of yourself (selfie)
- Provide a U.S. Permanent Resident Card & take a picture of yourself (selfie)
- Provide a U.S. Passport Card & take a picture of yourself (selfie)
- Provide a State ID Card & take a picture of yourself (selfie)
- Provide a U.S. Driving License & take a picture of yourself (selfie)
You'll be asked to either use your device’s webcam to capture images of your ID documents or upload image files of these documents from your device. To take a selfie, use your webcam.
Keep in mind that:
- Documents sent via email or any other channel would not be accepted. We will only accept documents submitted via our secure online tool.
- Make sure to upload clear and readable images so that the information on them is visible.
- Documents must be valid and not expired.
- Currently, we only accept the documents described above.
- We do not accept PO box as a valid residence address.
Once you've submitted your ID documents, you can proceed with verifying your address.
We would usually be able to geolocate you without any action from your side and verify your address instantly. If you are not at your registered address at this time, you can try again later. Do not forget to share the browser location on your device.
If we're unable to geolocate you, you'll be asked to submit a proof of your address. You will find a list of acceptable document types (e.g. utility bills, bank statement, landline phone bill etc.) on-screen.
Keep in mind that:
- The document must be issued in your name
- The document should not be more than 90 days old
- If visible on the provided document, your credit/debit card number should be masked
Once done, you'll see a summary of your verification status. It may take a few minutes to complete. Afterwards, you'll receive an email confirmation with the status of your account verification.
If needed, we will send you email instructions to resubmit your document or provide an alternative one.
Note: To ensure the security of all transactions done via Skrill, we may later ask you to upload supporting documents to verify details, such as:
• An image of you holding your ID document next to your face
• Credit/debit card statement
• Bank statement
If needed, you'll be prompted to securely upload specific documentation directly from your Skrill account.