Can I use my credit/debit card deposit for gambling?
Card deposits are the quickest way to top up your Skrill account. When uploading funds, you will be able to choose whether they could be used for gambling or not.
Every time you make a deposit, we will ask whether you would like to use your deposit for gambling, i.e. betting, casino sites, poker tournaments, etc. If you do, select “Yes”.
Click to enlarge.
The image/ video is shown for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
Are there any restrictions on the use of my card deposits?
- Non-gambling funds cannot be used for gambling merchants. Once funds are deposited into your Skrill balance, their purpose of use cannot be changed, and you will not be able to use them on gambling websites.
- Money received from a friend or family member via Skrill to Skrill transfer can be used for any transaction type, including gambling (betting, casino, poker, etc.), even if it has been deposited for non-gambling use.
- Money received from merchants can be used for any transaction type, including gambling (betting, casino, poker, etc.).
- Money deposited with a credit card can’t be used on UK gambling sites.
- UK-issued credit cards can’t be used on gambling sites.
Have in mind that Visa® and Mastercard® have different requirements and impose different limitations in terms of gambling transactions.
Funds deposited with Visa® for gambling purposes can be used for all transaction types and there are no restrictions on their usage.
Money deposited for non-gambling purposes can be used for anything but paying to gambling merchants online. If you send this money to other people via Skrill, they’d be able to use them as they wish, including paying on betting, poker, and casino sites.
Funds, deposited with Mastercard® for gambling purposes can be used for most transaction types, including transfers to selected gambling merchants from this list. Such funds cannot be used for withdrawals to NETELLER and to a crypto wallet, for paying non-gambling merchants, or gambling merchants that are not on the list.
Money deposited for non-gambling purposes cannot be used for merchant transfers of any type.
If you send money uploaded with Mastercard®, regardless of their purpose of deposit, to other people via Skrill, they’d be able to use it as they wish, including paying on betting, poker, and casino sites, forex, and non-gambling merchants.