Can I keep balance in different currencies on my Skrill account?
The Exchange feature allows you to add secondary account balances in different currencies to your primary account currency and thus avoid currency conversion fees.
You can select the currency in which to deposit, withdraw or send money to merchants and/or someone else’s email or mobile number.
Exchange feature is now available on Skrill mobile app - download the app from Apple App Store /Google Play Store and make sure you're using the latest version.
How to add a secondary currency balance to my account?
There are three ways to do this:
- Convert your money from one currency to another via the Exchange section of your account – just select the currencies to exchange money from and to, enter the amount and confirm the transaction. Once the exchange is complete, a separate secondary currency balance will be created in your account.
Click to enlarge.
The video is shown for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.
- Deposit money in a specific currency – when you upload money using one of the options available to you in the Deposit section, you can choose the deposit currency from a drop-down menu. Once the deposit is complete, a separate balance in this currency will be created in your account. Note that this doesn’t mean that the deposit itself will be processed in this currency – you’ll see the currency in which the transaction will be processed on the summary screen before you confirm the payment.
- Make a Skrill Money Transfer in a currency different from your primary Skrill account currency – if the sending currency of your transfer is different from your primary account currency, a separate balance in this currency will be created in your Skrill account.
An overview of the account balances you hold, and your activity will be available in the Dashboard and Transactions sections of your account.
- When uploading funds via bank wire transfer, the deposit is always processed in your primary account currency. This may result in currency conversion, and an additional conversion fee if the currency of our bank account is different from your primary account currency. For more information, visit the dedicated article.
- When you receive money from a merchant or another Skrill customer in a currency different from your primary account currency, the amount will be credited to your primary balance (after currency conversion) unless you already have an existing secondary balance in the transfer currency.
- When you withdraw money from a secondary balance, the withdrawal will be processed in the currency we use depending on your bank account country, and not depending on the currency you selected. You’ll see the processing currency and all applicable fees before you confirm the transaction.
How much does it cost to exchange funds?
Click here for more details.
Are there any limits?
There are no limits of the number of secondary currency balances you may hold and the number of exchange transactions you can make.
The minimum exchange amount is 0.50 EUR or the equivalent in another currency.
There are no applicable maximum transaction limits.
Are there any transactions not supported for payments with secondary account balances?
Skrill card payments and Crypto buy/sell transactions are connected only to the primary account balance and cannot be made using secondary currency balances. If you try to make a payment with your Skrill card and you don’t have enough money in your primary balance, the transaction will fail even if you have sufficient funds in another currency. To avoid this, you can first exchange the money you have in your secondary balance(s) to your primary one.
Can I switch the primary currency of my account with a secondary currency and vice versa?
The primary account currency cannot be switched with another currency.
The Skrill Prepaid Mastercard® is available only to residents of authorized European Economic Area (EEA) countries and the UK.
The Crypto service is currently available in selected countries only. If you see a Crypto section in your Skrill account, this means that the service is available for you.