Boost your business performance online with Skrill. Wide range of payment methods and currencies supported. Seamless process for merchants and great user experience for customer.
Start the process today
Opening a business account with Skrill is easy and quick. We’ve simplified the application process so you can start accepting payments in no time. Here is what you need to do to open your business account:
- Open the sign up page and enter your primary email address to start your application. You will then be directed to the business registration page.
- Provide basic business, ownership, and contact information. Make sure to include a link to your website.
- Once you send us your complete application, we will review your documents soon after.
- Our team will contact you in case there are any additional documents needed.
- Once we have all the needed information, we’ll get back to you soon after about the status of your application.
- When you get the approval, you will receive a unique merchant ID. You will need it to connect your eCommerce store with your Skrill account and start accepting payments online right away.
What You Get with the Skrill Business Account
Skrill seamlessly integrates with the most popular shopping carts and eCommerce platforms, so you can easily connect your merchant account with your online store.
Integrating Skrill with your website allows you to offer a wide range of payment methods to your customers. This includes credit and debit card payments, bank transfers, more than 100 local payment options, and more. Your customers will be able to make a payment on any device and without the need to register.
By opening a Skrill business account, you can enable additional payment options. This includes our Digital Wallet for easier payments where customers only need an email address and a password; and Rapid Transfer, an instant bank transfer solution that lets your customers pay directly from their bank account without leaving your website.
Make sure to check out our integration guides for full details.
Frequently Asked Questions
What documents do I need to open a Skrill business account?
We only need the basic paperwork in order to verify your application. The Skrill business account requirements are simple and straightforward.
- You need to be registered as a business entity or a sole proprietor and provide the relevant certificate of incorporation or similar document.
- You have to provide proof of address and identification for each business owner.
- You need to showcase that you own the company website and the associated domain. The website should be at least in beta version at the time of your application so that we can review it.
How much does it cost to open a business account?
You can open a business account with Skrill for free. There is no startup fee.
What account type should I open?
There are three types of Skrill accounts that you can select from:
- Full Merchant Account (send and receive payments)
- Expense Account (send payments only)
- Wallet to Wallet
If you're an eCommerce business, you need to open a Full Merchant Account in order to receive payments via your online store.
How long does it take before I can start accepting payments?
We’ll get back to you soon after we receive your documents to confirm your registration or ask for additional paperwork.
Which currencies can I use?
You can select from 40+ different currencies. You can set up the primary and additional currencies that you want to use at the time of your registration. If you want to add more later on, you can quickly add them.
What are the costs associated with accepting payments?
The Skrill business account fees are some of the most competitive in the market. Don’t miss out on our limited time offer until March 1st, 2021. Benefit from our exclusive reduced fees of 0.9% on Debit Card/Prepaid Card/Credit Card (VISA, Mastercard, Maestro) transactions, and 0.5% on Rapid Transfer transactions.
Which industries does Skrill accept merchants from?
We carefully assess the business model of each applicant and can offer our services depending on the eligibility of the exact business activities.
Can I register a business account with Skrill if I don't have a registered business?
You can open a Skrill merchant account only if you have a registration as a business entity or as a sole proprietor. Business accounts are not available to private persons.
What are the most common reasons for rejection?
Legitimate businesses can typically obtain a Skrill merchant account with ease.
In the rare case of rejection, the common reasons why we can’t provide a Skrill business account include:
- Non-existent or fake details of the applicant
- Non-operational website
- Unsupported business model