Why did my Skrill card payment fail?
Your Skrill card payment may have been rejected due to a variety of reasons. Enabling transactional notifications allows you to instantly receive information on any declined, or successful transactions and other account-related activity in real-time. To enable transactional notifications, open the Skrill App and visit section Profile> turn on notifications or via the Skrill website by visiting Settings>Notifications> Enable Prepaid transactional emails/enable prepaid transactional push notifications.
Below we`ve listed the most common Skrill card payment failure reasons.
General card payment mistakes:
- You`ve entered incorrect card details such as Your 16-digit card number, CVV, or card expiration date. If you are using your virtual Skrill card, check your card details by selecting the 'Show card details' option in Skrill`s Cards section.
- Your balance is not enough to cover the payment. Your card is linked to your primary Skrill account currency. Check if you have sufficient funds in your primary balance. Your available balance excludes pending Skrill card transactions.
- You`ve exceeded your PIN attempts. If you`ve entered your Skrill card PIN incorrectly 3 consecutive times, it might have been blocked. Contact us if your payments keep failing after entering a valid PIN. To check your card PIN, visit the Skrill card section and click Show card PIN.
- Your Skrill account or Skrill card has been locked. You can check your account status by visiting your Skrill account`s Dashboard section. To check your card status, visit the Skrill Cards section. If locked, you will see an Unlock button.
- You`ve reached your daily/weekly or monthly card limit. To check your Skrill card limits visit section Cards.
- You`ve exceeded the contactless payment limit. Once you reach it, you will be asked to perform a chip and PIN payment. The contactless limits are as follows: Single payment <50 EUR, cumulatively <150 EUR, or <5 transactions.
- You`ve exceeded your CVV code attempts. Entering your CVV code incorrectly 3 consecutive times will block your card for 24 hours for online and mobile payments.
- Your Skrill card cannot be used for transactions related to online or offline gambling activities, such as physical casinos, betting shops, etc.
- Purchases with cashback, where you receive an amount back in cash over the counter.
- Manually keyed-in transactions, where the cashier enters your card details manually and attempts to charge your card for payment such as mail/phone orders or car rentals. Your card PIN should be read by tapping the card or inserting the card at the POS terminal and performing a chip and PIN payment.
3D Secure verification issues
When paying online, you might be asked to verify your payment using a one-time code sent via SMS, or via push notification sent from the Skrill mobile app. To successfully confirm such a transaction, you should:
- Have a verified mobile number in your Skrill account.
- Download the Skrill app and enable push notifications. Learn more by reading How secure is my Skrill card?
There might have been some connectivity issues between us and the merchant. Try deleting your card details from their website, troubleshooting your browser, and making the payment again.