Using the Skrill mobile app is the simplest and fastest way to get verified
If you have a good webcam on your laptop or desktop computer, you can use it to capture images of your ID
Alternatively, you can upload photos of your ID
Verification top tips
1. Use valid, government-issued ID that hasn’t expired and has a recent photo
2. Make sure all the text on both the front and back of your ID card is legible
3. Please turn off your flash when taking photos of your documents
4. If using your webcam, put your laptop on a hard surface to prevent it from shaking
Webcam photos can sometimes be tricky, so why not use our mobile app to scan your documents
Makes your Skrill account even safer
Increases the transaction limits on your account
Gives you access to additional deposit options
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to verify my account?
- Creates confidence in your identity, making our payment network more secure
- Gives you access to additional deposit options and products
- Increases or even removes the transaction limits on your account
Where can I verify my account?
When you’re logged into your Skrill account, go to Settings > Verification > Verify Now
How do I verify my account?
- Fund your account
- Verify who you are:
- If your country has “verify with Facebook” enabled, you will be able to verify your account ownership and address using your Facebook credentials
- If not, you can verify your ID and address separately
How do I verify my ID?
- Upload a copy of your valid government issued ID and a selfie to verify your ID.
- You can do this through the mobile app, using your webcam or by uploading photos.
- Make sure your ID is:
- Valid, not expired
- Colour copy
- Clearly legible
- All corners visible
- Should contain all personal details such as name, date of birth, issuing authority, etc.
- Both front and back of ID cards included
How do I verify my address?
- If the geolocation service is available in your country, you can allow your browser to access your location and we can verify it matches your registered address
- If this is not an option for you, you can upload a document that contains your full name and address
What documents are ok to use for verifying my ID?
A valid passport, identity card or driver’s licence
What documents are ok to use for verifying my address?
- Valid identity document if it contains full address details
- Original printed statement or stamped letter from a financial institution
- Utility bill
- Statement/bill no older than 90 days
- All corners visible
- Should contain full address details, name and issuing authority
How do I check if my account is verified?
Simply navigate to “Verification” in the “Settings” tab once you have logged into your Skrill account