How do I deposit with bank transfer?
Deposit money from your personal bank account to your Skrill wallet quickly, securely, and for free. Bank Transfer is the most convenient method for larger amounts.
To initiate a bank deposit, just follow a few simple steps:
- From the Deposit section of your Skrill account click on Deposit Now under Bank transfer.
- The bank details (our Bank Account Number, Bank name, etc.) you need to complete the transfer will be displayed onscreen, along with your Reference number (which may be your Skrill Customer ID or a unique reference number). For your convenience and depending on the country of registration, we may show one or more bank accounts in different currencies to choose from.
- Make a note of our bank details, and the reference number, and complete the payment from your online banking or by visiting your local bank branch. Make sure to enter the Reference Number in the respective field which may be called Reference, Description, Purpose, Details, etc.
- The deposit is always processed in your primary account currency. This may result in currency conversion, and an additional conversion fee if the currency of our bank account is different from your primary account currency.
- Deposits from third-party or business accounts are not accepted. Initiate the deposit from a bank account held in your name.
- Cash deposits are not accepted.
- Always initiate the deposit from your Skrill account first. This way you will see our most up-to-date banking details. Otherwise, you risk sending funds to an old bank account.
How long does it take to receive my Bank Transfer deposit?
Most Bank transfers take 1 to 2 working days to process. However, depending on your country of residence, it may take up to 5 working days. The timeframe will appear onscreen during the deposit.
What are the fees and the limits?
Bank transfers are free of charge.
However, if the chosen deposit currency is different from your account currency, you will be charged a currency conversion fee.
If depending on your country of residence, the bank wire deposit is international, your bank may charge you a higher fee. When making a bank transfer, choose a SEPA transfer if possible. Otherwise, your bank may charge you a higher fee.
The limits, if any, will be displayed onscreen when you initiate the transaction.
My deposit failed. What can I do?
Your deposit may have failed because after it was initiated, your Skrill account was locked or with limited functionality. In such cases, you will be notified onscreen. Simply follow the instructions to reactivate your account.
My deposit is missing. What should I do?
If you haven’t received your deposit within the standard processing timeframe, it may be because you have initiated it as a third-party or cash deposit. In such cases, contact your bank to return the payment.
Another reason for a delayed deposit is that you haven’t included your Customer ID/ Reference Number when depositing. Contact us to provide the needed information.