The latest crypto news and price movements, all in one place
This page is your go-to for the biggest crypto announcements from the past week. Covering all the major cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, you can stay up to date with all the need-to-know news stories.
If you’re using Skrill to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, you can also watch the video below to see price movements from the past week. This way, you can check how different cryptocurrencies are performing, and ensure you convert your money at the right time.
Altcoins surge as Bitcoin’s growth slows
- The price of Altcoins has risen sharply this week with Ethereum leading the way.
- For the best part of this year, it’s Bitcoin that’s been stamping its dominance on the market – the price of BTC having seen several sharp rises in 2019. Meanwhile Altcoins have struggled to take off.
- However, in the past few weeks Bitcoin has run out of steam, struggling to break the $9-12k mark.
It only takes $20,000 to join the top 1% of XRP holders
- Data circulating in the crypto community suggests you don’t need a lot of capital to join the top 1% of XRP holders.
- Crypto analyst, Credible Crypto, recently shared a chart that revealed the average amount of XRP held amongst the top 10% of XRP holders.
- The data shows that to reach the top 1% of XRP holders you only need to put $20,500 into the asset. The top 1% of Ripple accounts hold 69,000 XRP on average.
- To be in the top 0.1% of account holders, you would need to hold over 723,000 XRP.
- To earn the highest spot (0.01% of account holders) you would need 16,500,000 XRP – that’s equivalent to $4.9 million at current prices.