Skrill USA Knect Loyalty Program Terms and Conditions
2. If you are a Qualifyıng Participant (as defıned below), you are responsible for reading these Program Terms and Conditions to understand your rights, responsibilities and status in the Program. If you are a Qualifying Participant, you will be asked to agree to the Program Terms and Conditions after you register for the Program. Upon agreeing to the Program Terms and Conditions, you will be able to collect Skrill USA Loyalty Points (as defined in Section 6 below) and then redeem them for Rewards (as defined in Section 13 below) via the Program website which you can access from your Skrill USA ‘My Account’ module. In addition to the Program Terms and Conditions, participation in the Program and the use of Loyalty Points is subject to any requirements and procedures communicated by Skrill USA from time to time.
Participation in the Program
3. To be a "QualifyingParticipant" in the Program and be able to earn Loyalty Points as per the options provided under Section 6 a)-c) you need to: a) be a current Skrill USA Member with an active Skrill USA Account; b) be registered on the Program Website; and c) not use your Skrill USA Account for commercial purposes. To be able to earn Loyalty Points as per the options provided under Section 6 hereof, you need to have successfully uploaded funds on your Skrill USA Account.
4. Each Qualifying Participant shall be designated a unique identification number under the Program.
5. Skrill USA reserves the right to require participants to provide evidence demonstrating that they are Qualifying Participants and may, at its discretion, disqualify any participant if such evidence is not provided within a reasonable time stipulated by Skrill USA or if Skrill USA (acting reasonably) is not satisfied that the eligibility criteria are met. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Program is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries may be rejected.
Earning Loyalty Points
6. A Qualifying Participant is entitled to loyalty points (“Points” or “Loyalty Points”) when making a Qualifying Transaction. A "Qualifying Transaction" is a money in or money out transaction using a Skrill USA Account comprising: a) transfer from a merchant; b) purchases using a Skrill USA Visa® Prepaid Card (online and instore); and c) deposit to a merchant. Transfers to excluded merchants and excluded money transactions (“ExcludedMerchants”) shall not be considered a Qualifying Transaction. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth herein, Skrill USA reserves the right to modify the list of Excluded Merchants at any time upon its own discretion. A current list of Excluded Merchants is available in the “Transfer To Merchant” section in the Knect Module in Your Account. It’s your responsibility to familiarize yourself upfront with the current list of Excluded Merchants.
7. You can earn a maximum of one thousand (1,000) Points per Qualifying Transaction and an aggregate maximum of five hundred thousand (500, 000) Points in a calendar month. Any rounding will be done to the lower number (for example, if you transact an amount of up to $0.99 you will get zero Loyalty Points). Please refer to Table 1 for more information regarding how Loyalty Points are earned. Skrill USA reserves the right to grant Qualifying Participants extra Loyalty Points at its sole discretion.
8. From time to time, and at the sole discretion of Skrill USA, you may be offered additional ways of earning Points via specific promotions. Participating in such promotions is subject to the designated rules specified for such promotion on the Program website or in any other way communicated by Skrill USA.
9. If you do not perform a Qualifying Transaction for a period of twelve (12) months or more, your Loyalty Program account will be deactivated, and you will forfeit all of your earned Points. You can re-enroll in the Program at any time after having your account deactivated, however all Loyalty Points that were earned prior to deactivation will be lost.
10. Points do not constitute your property and have no cash equivalent value. Points earned by you are for your benefit only and may not be transferred to anyone and shall become void if transferred.
11. Points earned and Rewards (as defined below) received through participation in the Program may be subject to tax. Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt or use of Points or Rewards is your responsibility.
12. The operation of the Program, the awarding of Points and the redemption of Points is subject to all applicable local laws and regulations in the jurisdiction where you are resident and void where prohibited by any such law or regulation.
Redeeming Loyalty Points
13. You may redeem Points at your Skrill USA Account’s ‘Rewards’ Section for: a) additional stored value that will be added to your Stored Value Balance in your Skrill USA Account; b. specific promotions – as explicitly communicated by Skrill; and c. various products and merchant vouchers (upon availability), contained within the rewards catalogue (each, a “Reward”).
14. All of the Points earned in any calendar year must be redeemed by the end of the following calendar year or all of the Points earned in that year will expire at the end of the said following calendar year. The ability to track Points online via the Program website will be made available and periodically updated at Skrill USA’s sole discretion. It is your responsibility to track and, if desired, redeem the Points prior to the expiration of the respective calendar year.
Changes to the Program and Termination
15. Skrill USA may, among other things, in its sole discretion: a. increase or decrease the number of Points awarded for a Qualifying Transaction or required for a Reward; b. increase or decrease the maximum number of Points that each Qualifying Participant can earn; c. withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any Reward; d. restrict the continued availability of Rewards; e. change Program benefits, Rewards, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining, or forfeiting Points; or f. change the list of Excluded Merchants. Save as expressly provided for to the contrary in this Section 15, the proposed change shall come into effect twenty-one (21) days after the date the change notice is deemed received under Section 16, unless you have given us notice that you object to the proposed changes before the changes come into effect. Changes that make this Program more favorable to you shall come into effect immediately if so stated in the change notice.
16. We usually contact you via email. For this purpose you must at all times maintain at least one valid email address in your Skrill USA Account profile. You are required to check for incoming messages regularly and frequently. Emails may contain links to further communication on our website. Any communication or notice sent by email will be deemed received by you on the same day if it is received in your email inbox before 4.30 pm on a business day. If it is received in your email inbox after 4:30pm on a business day or at any other time, it will be deemed received on the next business day.
17. Skrill USA has the right to end the Program by providing no less than thirty (30) days’ written notice to you.
18. In the case of suspected or actual fraud or abuse with respect to your participation in the Program or involving Rewards or Points, Skrill USA has the right, in its sole discretion, to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, and all Points earned through the Program by you may be forfeited and your Program participation terminated. For the purposes of these Program Terms and Conditions, fraud or abuse includes, but is not limited to, any activity between Skrill USA Account Holders or between Skrill USA Account Holders and merchants whose principal purpose is to earn Points. If any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Skrill USA has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Skrill USA has the right to terminate your participation in the Program and refuse any and all current or future access to, or use of the Program. In any of the circumstances set out in this Section 18, membership in the Program, including any Points that may have been issued to you, may be revoked or suspended at Skrill USA’s sole discretion.
19. Respecting privacy is a priority for Skrill USA. All data is collected, transferred, processed and maintained in accordance with applicable law. If you’d like to know more about how we are handling your personal data, please visit our Privacy Notice.
21. By participating in the Program, you agree that any Reward is provided upon the condition that Skrill USA (and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, marketing partners and affiliates) will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of the Reward save for any death or personal injury caused by their negligence.
22. You hereby agree to release and to hold Skrill USA (and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, marketing partners and affiliates) free and harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with participation in the Program or the redemption or use of Points, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy save that there shall be no exclusion for death or personal injury where caused by the negligence of Skrill USA (and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, marketing partners and affiliates). Skrill USA and its subsidiaries, participating vendors, distributors, marketing partners and affiliated entities are not responsible for: a) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Skrill USA that may cause the Program to be disrupted or corrupted; b) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a Reward or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Reward, or from participation in the Program (save where caused by the negligence of Skrill USA and its subsidiaries, participating vendors, distributors, marketing partners and affiliated entities); or c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Program.
23. Further Skrill USA is not responsible for: a) the cost of any applicable currency conversion fees; b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Qualifying Participants or not, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Program; c) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; d) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the enrolment process or this Program; e) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of this Program or the processing of entries; or f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Program or receipt or use or misuse of any Reward.
24. Skrill USA shall not be liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under the Program Terms and Conditions, if such delay or failure results from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control, such as but not limited to fire, storm, flood, hostilities, acts of the public enemy, wars, acts of terrorism, health-related epidemics or pandemics, earthquakes, embargo, sabotage, labor disturbance, riot, rebellion, insurrection, acts of God, or any other event which is beyond the reasonable control of Skrill USA.
25. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SKRILL USA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBLILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING FROM THE PROGRAM OR YOUR PARTICIPATION THEREIN, OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY REWARD. You accept all responsibility for, and hereby indemnify and hold harmless Skrill USA from and against, any actions taken by any user authorized to use your Program account, including but not limited to accrual of Points and the redemption of Points.
26. The accumulation of Points does not entitle you to any vested rights with respect to Points, Rewards, or Program benefits. In accumulating Points, you may not rely upon the continued availability of any Rewards or Points redemption requirement. Skrill USA has the sole discretion to interpret and apply the Program Terms and Conditions.
27. All decisions by Skrill USA are final and binding.
28. If you have any questions or complaints about this Program or our services in general, you can contact us at any time at 855-719-2087 or at skrill.com/en-us/support.
Table 1 – Earn Points
Skrill USA Visa® Prepaid Card purchases1
$1.00 = 1 Loyalty Point
Transfer from merchant
$1.00 = 1 Loyalty Point
Transfer to merchant
$1.00 = 1 Loyalty Point
1ATM withdrawals using the Skrill Visa® Prepaid Card are not Qualifying Transactions